Call for applications ENS Group - China Scholarship Council (CSC): PhD program 2019
The Écoles Normales Supérieures (ENS) Group has signed a cooperation agreement with the China Scholarship Council (CSC), providing funding for 30 PhD students for the whole ENS group (Ulm, Paris-Saclay, Lyon, Rennes), on the basis of a selection by the ENS and by the CSC.
The selection criteria will take into account the quality of the application, the interest in the topic of research by the host laboratory in ENS, and in the existing cooperations with the home university of the candidates.
- The scholarship is for a maximum duration of 4 years. Its amount is 1200 € / month. Co-supervision and co-supervision of theses are preferred. In the case of a cotutelle, the scholarship is paid for periods when the Chinese doctoral student is in France.
- Candidates must be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of the application and must not be currently working abroad.
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their PhD studies or after a postdoctoral stay abroad (upon agreement by CSC)
- Candidates must fulfill the general admission and selection requirements of ENS and doctoral studies department and obtain the agreement of the relevant doctoral school. They must have a good level in English or in French for candidates in social and humanities sciences.
- Candidates have to be accepted in a laboratory supervised by ENS Ulm: http://www.ens.fr/une-formation-d-exception/formations/le-doctorat-l-ens
Download documents :
- Call for Thesis topics proposals - All fields included : from 19/11/2018 to 11/01/2019
Eiffel Excellence Program Grants 2019
The Eiffel scholarship was developed by the Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs in order to permit French establishments of higher education to attract the best international students for diplomatic studies, whether at the masters or doctoral level.
It allows French institutions to form future international decision-makers, in both the public and private sectors, with a focus on priority areas of study (political science, engineering, law, and economics and management). It aims to encourage applications from emerging countries for the masters program, and from emerging and developed countries for the doctoral program.
To obtain an application for the masters or doctoral programs, please send an email to the International Relations Office at the following address: email@example.com.
DATES FOR 2019 APPLICATIONS :
- Deadline for sending applications to the DRI : December 31, 2018
- Any application sent after this date will not be considered.
- Results announced : the week of March 25, 2019
Eiffel Excellence Program Brochure: 2019 version to download:
Only French institutions of higher education can submit applications.
If you are a student and wish to know more about the Eiffel Excellence Program,
for a link to Campus France’s description of the grant.
JEAN WALTER ZELLIDJA Research Grants 2019 (Granted by the par l'Académie Française)
Mr. Jean Walter, an architect, made a donation to the Académie française. These funds are earmarked for travel and study grants for French youth.
Since 1976, these grants have been awarded to students from grandes écoles or universities who, outside of their degree, wish to participate in a different training or pursue personal research through a stay abroad of about a year.
- Must be less than 30 years old at the time of the application
- Must be a student at a grand école, a university, or an institute or conservatory selected by the Académie française.
Applications are available for students in selected establishments beginning in November. Please contact the International Relations Office by email to receive an application: firstname.lastname@example.org. They should be returned, completed, to the DRI before February 6th, 2019. For further information, you can contact the secretary of the Académie française : 01 44 41 87 63 .
The scholarship is awarded each year in May.
The stays should be planned for a date after this decision. The decision will be made at the latest on May 31st.
Winners are informed by mail of the decision.
No report of the deliberations of the committee is publicly available.
Applying to the scholarship under the conditions required does not confer any rights.
Mis à jour le 28/11/2018